Monday, January 9, 2012

Daddy, Dad, Father

I wondered why You and I Always had a hard time speaking Didn’t you know I loved you so Daddy…Unconditionally Sometimes I Wondered why You stayed with HER unhappily For so long Just going along For peace at home, seemingly But then SHE passed Gone were the amassed Negative harbored feelings Then You and I Finally knew why We had had a hard time talking Mom was gone Now a shared a bond You and I had a new beginning We shared stories We made apologies Tho' we also spent time grieving It wasn’t too late It was really great Dad The two of us communicating Short lived sadly Chemotherapy Took its toll before your passing Facing your end No need to pretend We made our peace in reality So I let the past go Feeling as though Our precious time was a blessing We loved each other As Father and Daughter And that’s all that matters really

No comments:

Post a Comment