Monday, January 9, 2012

The Best Gift

Some people think that I pontificate however, by telling details of my life regarding abuse I have experienced, I always pray that I am able help others recognize abuse because I once was one of those who said, "well, he doesn't hit me so I just have to learn to be a better..." wife, mother, etc. always to no avail. I have said in the past that I felt things happened for a reason but that implies that everything is preordained. Then I realized that when I share what I have been through, I am, to put it simply, trying to make lemonade out of lemons. My poor choices cost me dearly so I learned many lessons the hard way. So, it is my goal to share in an effort to touch someone's life so that my pain will not have been in vain. Well, I received a glorious gift for Christmas from my cousin in Arizona. She told me something she had forgotten to share around my birthday in November. She told one of her clients about me and my birthday wish to help stop violence against women. My story was printed out and the woman read it verbatim to her daughter who was currently in an abusive relationship and it made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment